Thursday, February 3, 2011

I read an article recently that sort of confirmed something I've known for a while. Or at least made me think about it some more. The argument is that when we make bad decisions that affect our lives in very negative ways, we always end up deciding after a while that ultimately, everything turned out okay. So we create this fake happiness for ourselves.
It made me start to wonder how much I twist my reality to make it seem to myself like I've made the best choice--everything has been for the best, ultimately. When I look back, I have little regrets, but nothing big. I wonder how much of this is me ignoring these big flaws in my life so that I can sleep easier. Anyway, the article ended by saying that this false happiness is just as good as the real thing--our minds can't recognize the difference.
I sometimes wish that I could really and truly step back and take a look at myself and my life and decide what changes to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive