Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground." - Albus Dumbledore

Oh Dumbledore, you are so wise. Yet another one of your little pearls of wisdom, served up with a bit of your characteristic wit.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I've been thinking a lot about brokenness lately, and how things can be pieced back together, and the scars there might be, even after you try to fix things. I never realize how useful a scar is until it turns out to be a map, and I find my way through a situation, and I realize that I was meant to have this particular scar.

I've been moving a little slow lately. The winter is making my legs heavier somehow. I need to be less aware of the seasons, I think it's playing tricks on my mind, making the cold a self-fulfilling prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive