Sunday, November 15, 2009

So, writing...

I didn't forget about you. I just haven't had anything to say lately.

I've started on my Cinema of the Cold War research paper, and am thoroughly enjoying doing research. It's exciting, it's like a puzzle. I actually hate puzzles. It's like a puzzle, but there's actually a point in doing it. Learning new things!

I'm ready to go home for Thanksgiving. Reconnect with my roots, be in my house again, see my whole family together in one room for the first time in a long time. It makes me really nostalgic for...high school, if you can believe it. When we all sat around the table together. One thing I got really, really lucky with in life was family. As much as I complain about them. I think it's their flaws that make me love them so much, and make that love mean more. I don't love them because we are alike, but because they're my family. There's a quote in Everything Is Illuminated (favorite book of all time) that goes something like this: I am doing something I hate for you. This is what it means to be a family.

I AM GOING TO BARCELONA, END OF STORY. Please God? I might actually pray for this. As a last resort, of course. jk lol. If this doesn't work out, I might cry for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive