Monday, July 4, 2011

I hung out all day swimming, eating, drinking, and talking a lot with some of the girls in my life who I respect the most. And it made me realize how important it is to have women surrounding you who put you in the best light. It's sometimes hard to find because women are taught to compete (Men are too, but maybe in a different way, more obvious way). There was a lot of girl power. I felt so lucky to be in a group of intelligent, driven, fun women. When you're around people who feel good about themselves, then you feel good about yourself.

As a general rule, it's best to be around those who you are your best around. Relationships, friendships, everything. Those who make you into the best version of yourself. It's easy to get stuck in a relationship that makes you a bad version of yourself because it's comfortable or because you're too scared to be alone.

Anyway, my ramblings. I've been lucky with my friends. I hope I always make people into better versions of themselves. And not in the superficial, "omg, you're sooo pretty" way. Genuine advice and reminders that they're better than _____.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive