Thursday, April 14, 2011

Being single is like snow flurries. You get the butterflies, the lightness, the airy lack of attachment, the space. The excitement. It's unexpected, delicate. It brushes your surface, doesn't bury you in anything to oppressive, wakes you up to yourself.

Being in one of those silly things called a relationship is like snowfall, heavy on the ground, deep, silent, all-consuming. Calm. Lazy, even. I was so lazy when I was in a relationship.

This memory just came to me, it was at the end of my freshman year after play practice one time and it was raining. We all ran back to the apartments, but realized we were completely soaked, so went out to the soccer field and played in the rain. It was one of those April rains that have been happening lately, where everything seems shockingly lush afterwards. I remember that the cold dampness of my clothes felt great on my skin, all I wanted to do was roll around in the grass in exuberance at the beginning of feeling totally at home on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive