Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Anytime I think about prayer or growing closer to some sort of spirituality, I immediately want to consult a book. But this is the easy solution, to adopt someone else's spirituality, as opposed to looking inside myself and coming up with my own answers. I am a big fan of learning from those who I believe are smarter than me. But with spirituality, I think it's gotta come from within. I also feel like yoga will help me to get quiet and at least try to feel something out there. I think I have a large capacity for spirituality, and love and things like that, although I guess everyone feels that way. If I could only find where I'm supposed to be, who I'm supposed to be with, and what I'm supposed to believe, maybe I could be incredibly happy.

I'm beginning to feel more and more like all I really have, when it comes down to it, is me. I've got to become better friends with myself and learn to love myself more. Next to myself, I suppose, is family, but even that is not entirely reliable. Everything else seems to fall away. I'm not whining, I'm just stating what I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive