Sunday, December 5, 2010

Requirements

For anyone who's interested. I know that like two people read my blog--you know who you are, I'd like your comments and/or additions to this list!

This is the bare minimum.

So before I decide to be with anyone, he be able to do these things:

1. have a backbone

2. be able to express what he's thinking/feeling

3. have original thought

4. take responsibility for his actions

5. have respect for my limits and my pace

6. be a mature adult (I guess this one kind of encompasses the previous ones)


In addition, I can never, even for a second, think that we're not compatible. I need to listen to my gut before I dive headlong into anything. Not overthink, but at least acknowledge my reservations. Of course, I'm not looking for perfection, but I don't think that basic maturity/the ability to act his age is really all that much to ask.
Chemistry is also a requirement. In other words, for the first year at least, we must want to jump each other's bones at least 95% of the time.
Oh and he must also think that I'm the best thing that he's ever seen. The ability to recognize a Bob Dylan lyric is also a plus, but not a requirement.




1 comment:

  1. Lists are...interesting.

    Although good at letting you put down in words exactly what you want, they can also lock you into the same relationship over and over again.

    Your list seems general enough though, so it shouldn't be a hindrance. Just plain respect is always a must. I would tread carefully though as to how stringent you are with these. Number 2 isn't going to happen immediately, and if it does the guy probably has some attachment issues.

    Agreed, maturity is a good requirement and invertebrates make horrible partners.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive