Friday, October 8, 2010

Something I've found myself doing lately...actually, for my entire life, is looking back on "the good old days."

Right now, I keep thinking back to my sophomore year, and all the antics that happened way back then. Of course, sophomore year was also awful and painful in some ways, but I don't remember that. That was when going out was still so exciting...Friday was something I looked forward to all throughout the week. Nowadays, I could take or leave Friday night. I'm glad when I'm actually out and having fun, but there isn't the buildup of waiting throughout the week for the many different wonderful things that could happen Friday night.

At any rate, things were less complicated back then. This year is turning out to be a whole lot more different than I thought it would be. It's knocking me down a little bit, to be honest. I'm hoping things will start looking up. I mean I hit the bottom and I've been going back up to someplace recognizable for the past week, but I want things to get GOOD. I want to be really happy. You don't recognize when things are good when they actually are. I mean I'd quote Kurt Vonnegut when he says to notice when you are really happy and say "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is." I did recognize it, sort of.

Anyway, I don't really know what to do with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive