Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Tribute To...

Memphis.

I love Memphis. I can remember driving here when I was visiting CBU my senior year of high school and having this feeling...like this is where it's at. I love the places I can go on my bike and I love Beale and I LOVE the feeling of crossing the bridge coming back. I like that I know how to get around Midtown. I love the people, those I know and those I have yet to meet. I love the food--Central, Muddy's, the Deli, Otherlands, Celtic. I love CBU, I love driving down East Parkway in the spring when the world is dripping in green. I love remembering Freshman and Sophomore year, and I love living in the place where I am.

And. Why would I want to leave this place? There is more keeping me here than there's ever been before. Less reason to go look for something else, less reason to explore the world and see what else is out there. But--I can't forget to be adventurous.

This is not the most productive thing to do when I'm skipping class.

1 comment:

  1. But there are definitely worse things to do with your time!

    (and there are always new places to be seen)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive