Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A bit of advice

from a lot of experience.

It's kind of corny, but I've learned that you have to be happy being by yourself before you can be with anyone else. You have to find out who it is you are before you can share that with someone else in any kind of meaningful way. Maybe this is just me--but I grow faster alone. You have to go through some growth, even growing pains, to get to that point where you know yourself. It's important being alone sometimes.

It might be even more important to learn to share with other people, which is something that comes less easily to me than being alone, for some reason. My tendency is to sometimes retreat, remain uncomplicated, because other people tend to mess up an orderly life quite a bit. But I've also learned that the mess is usually worthwhile. So, 1)get to know yourself, realize the strength you have without someone else to lean on, and then 2)let someone else in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive