Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sometimes I get caught up trying to be too many different things for too many different people. I play a lot of roles in my life. Sometimes I feel pulled between these characters I'm supposed to be, or sometimes I feel pushed into boxes I wasn't meant for. Of course, this is oftentimes what makes life great, making yourself into what someone else needs--this can be fulfilling in and of itself. But when do you lose yourself in the process? Sometimes a role is meant to be temporary, and we grow out of what we needed at one time. It's still hard to let it fall behind you, though.

I can see the end of my college education approaching. I mean, not officially, but if I'm here for Fall and not in Barcelona, then I know exactly how the next year will go. It's comforting, but there's also a pull to the unknown. I want to grow, too, and I don't know how much more growth is possible on this campus. I don't feel like there's much more to discover here. I love, love CBU, and it makes my heart ache to think that I'll have to leave it soon. But there's more, right?

1 comment:

  1. I feel very similarly, just slightly shifted up on the timeline. You have an amazing ability to give voice to these emotions that in me are just a jumbled up pile of crazy. I love you, Angela; you really are a gifted writer.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive