Monday, June 13, 2011

I ran this morning and went to yoga this evening for the first time in a loooong time, after eating many heavy Toomer family dinners as of late. Both kicked my ass, but in a good way, I feel great.

I was walking home from yoga, and the cicadas were buzzing (or chirping?) and it reminded me of my childhood, playing out in the neighborhood until it got dark. The trees are still green and not dead yet, the branches were still dripping with rain, hanging over my street. The air felt light but was still a little Southernly humid. So now I'm sitting out here on my porch, with a whole summer filled with possibility stretched out in front of me. My new Mac that actually has battery life (thus my ability to sit on the porch on my computer) on my lap. The mosquitos aren't out yet. This kind of contentedness catches me off guard sometimes because of how many months I spent wallowing in a pool of my own angst. Haha. I really hold onto it though, when I feel that contentedness, and I appreciate it.

I start work tomorrow, another serving job. It's just temporary, thank god. I'm not dreading it too much. I think I'll be a lot more consistently busy than I was at Bronte. Anyway, this is boring. I definitely need something to do with my days, something to get me tired and make me appreciate my free time.

Another note--I got back from the beach a couple of days ago. Being at the beach always makes me think on the year before and how the events of it have changed me. I felt particularly different during this beach trip. A whole, whole lot has happened in the two years since I'd been at the beach. What made it strange was we stayed at the same condo, went to the same restaurant, pretty much had the exact same trip.
Had that relief of being HOME. It's terribly cozy here. I'm gonna curl up tonight in my bed, watch some Netflix, and wake up, make some coffee, eat some breakfast, go to work.

And jeez! So much unexpected kindness being thrown my way! I was walking into work today for orientation feeling a little nervous and unsure of myself, and random dude goes "Hey! You! You're Gorgeous! Gorgeous!" People have been making me food and making me laugh. It's glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive