Thursday, May 5, 2011

What I've done

I've woken in to a dorm room that smelled like my roommate's lilac body spray. I've crawled out of bed and into sweatpants and went to my 8:00 class. I've woken up in a dirty apartment, with a bed full of the limbs of another person. And I made the inconvenient walk across campus in the early morning under arches, back to my car, and back to my house. Also, I've woken up in my very own tiny bed in my large house, and turned on the coffee machine, made a fried egg and toast, and I sunk deep into a routine.

I danced on a rooftop. I danced in foam in a couple of states. I danced covered in paint. I danced to the Flaming Lips live.

I've kissed a lot of people, and I've lost my head with a few people. I've gotten varying degrees of butterflies in my stomach. I once had butterflies that lasted for a good month straight, during which I didn't eat.

I've stayed out all night long in familiar and unfamiliar apartments, all with the same furniture. I've spent afternoons by the pool. I've broken into the pool at night. I've eaten more pounds of Central BBQ than I care to mention. I've fallen in love with the feeling of going to class. I had the perfect porch for people-watching my junior year. The perfect hammock. I I threw up in a car. I've worn out a couple of pairs of Toms. I went arching a couple of times. I've been to the roof of just about every main building on campus, and climbed around on the apartment buildings a good bit. I've played a ton of sand volleyball. I've partied on Beale.

I went to Louisiana, New York, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Michigan, Illinois...

I think I've just about checked it all off the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive