Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thoughts on Packing

It's not so much the stress of getting everything into boxes that bothers me, but the realization of the rate at which time is flying by. What's fun about it, though: I have boxes of things that are special to me, that remind me of certain moments or good times or even not-so-good times. I forget to put things in these boxes throughout the year, so it all accumulates in my room. So I find these things when I'm packing and get to relive everything. Which can be good, can be bad.

Some things I've found that I've put my memory boxes this year:
A "GO ANGELA" sign, I don't know who made it, it looks like boy handwriting though.
A drawing by my little sister Allison that shows me sitting in my desk at school with a thought bubble above my head with her face in it.
AGS 2010 nametag
Chicago transit 3 day pass
Green beads
my numbers from my first race (5K)
old passport
Hold Steady Heaven Is Whenever CD
A belt from my Indian costume
Mix CD list from Catherine
Paper fortune teller
A letter from Quantico, VA
Musicfest lineup
"Who You Are Now"
Nametag from honors conference
Burned copy of Cory Branan
Burned copy of Lucero That Much Further West
My name written in calligraphy
A graded short story

I JUST MOVED IN. But also, I was a completely different person at the beginning of this year. I don't know who that person is anymore, the person who moved in while drinking PBR.

1 comment:

Blog Archive