Friday, March 25, 2011

Some honesty

I am afraid of leaving without working things out.

Not that I expect the friendship we had way back during our awkward freshman year--the trips to Taco Bell, the hours of watching Wizard People--but something that lets me know that despite all the massiveness that has happened to us, you'll be in my life in some way after I leave. Is there a small possibility of this? Damn. Freshman year. When you told me you wanted to leave CBU, that you were thinking about being a priest? And I cried? The ironic turns life has since taken...I was surprised to find someone like you existed in my world.

The main thing that has been there, throughout it all: me breaking your heart, you breaking my heart, has been an understanding. I get it. You get it. And paradoxically, we still couldn't communicate like adults.

I guess the first step would be to make eye contact.

But what if you don't want to? What if-----? There are approximately 1.2 million ways this could blow up in my face. More time, or am I just scared?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive