Tuesday, February 15, 2011

To you

I hope that every day you have a jolting moment that reminds you that you are young and alive.

I hope that you get to travel and do things you haven't done before.

I hope you never want to disappear.

I hope that you get to live in a home and a community that makes you feel warm. With a fireplace and a dog and neighbors and shit.

I hope you eat lots of good food and have lots of good sex.

I hope that you celebrate yourself and sing yourself. I hope that you read a poem that punches you in the stomach (in a good way, of course).

I hope that you can write about your childhood and the way your mom scratched your back.

I hope that you grow.

I hope that you drive with the windows down with the sun on one side of your face.

I hope that you get to walk barefoot on wet grass in 70 degree weather.

I hope that you know your heart.

I hope that you wake up with the sort of hangover that means you partied all night long.

I hope you have the snuggly feeling of coming home after you've been away for a while.

I hope you have children.

I hope we can, one day, build bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive