Sunday, February 13, 2011

Laaately

You know that feeling of wonder at the miracle of your own body? I lost that for a while...but it's coming back...when I'm at yoga, I just have so much fun. Just being aware of my body and my breath and stretching is very...healing, or exciting, or happy or something. Thankful. I'll try to describe it...it's a very physical feeling. like my skin is humming. Haha, is that weird? It's this sort of buzzing of oxytocin...the same good feeling I get from cuddling or hugging, etc etc.
It feels awesome, it's such a break from the monotony of forgetting myself and losing awareness of my body. It make me realize more and more that this skin isn't just something I walk around in and use, it's me in a very real way and deserves love and attention as much as any other part of myself. Attention from myself most of all. Awareness. And again, I think about being single versus being with someone...it's harder to find wonder in your own body when you're by yourself. I don't mean this in a sexual way or anything. What I mean is...when there's someone there, validating you, paying attention to your body, telling you that you're beautiful, then it's easy to be like "hell yeah I am" but when there isn't, you have to find that in some corner of yourself. It's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive