Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I got to sleep in today, and I'm about to go to yoga. Seriously in like five minutes. I'm convinced now that it's saving my sanity. I would be in a different place entirely if I didn't have this to keep me grounded. It's really the ultimate self acceptance. Not acceptance, love. That your mind, your body, is more than enough. So stand up straight, dammit. Take care of yo'self. It's selfish in the best sense. Time devoted exclusively to me, without any real gain for anyone but myself. I suppose, though, that when you improve yourself, then that filters into the lives of those around you.

I woke up feeling off today. I need to learn how to keep my eyes on my own paper, as someone told me recently. Stop comparing, stop wondering what other people are doing, wondering how much better they're doing their life than I'm doing mine. Eyes on my own paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive