Saturday, February 19, 2011

"You were born to glow majestically

and love her til your hands bleed."

Wow I am obsessed.

With blogging. It's my 300th post!

I went to my last homecoming of my college career last weekend. And don't make fun of me for feeling like silly college parties are a big deal, they just are to me, I enjoy them. I feel like I ought to document it.
I ended up dancing with the same people I danced with my freshman year, the ones who I've grown apart from. You know how it is when you come to college--you pretty much gravitate towards people you know already and stick close to your roommates. These are the people who have known me since I was an awkward freshman. I had my first drink with them, I played Guitar Hero with them in Rozier for hours and hours. Played actual guitar in too Rozier, and they told me to sing, and that was nice. We've been to New York together, New Orleans, multiple beach trips. We've gone arching and caused trouble. They've seen me cry over ridiculous things after drinking too much.
And now here we are, and standing on the edge of something big, all this responsibility, about to be thrown into the huge world, and we will more than likely be out of each other's lives for good. I don't know if we recognize it. We've been in and out of each other's lives in unexpected ways--big and small ways, and we've affected each other in ways we don't even realize now. I can't fully explain how important these people have been to me. Part of it is the acceptance and the friendship they've given me, even if it's been an on-and-off sort of thing. It was the epitome of bittersweet, it made my heart hurt and made me wish the best things for these people, and wish for each of them something unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive