Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Picture above taken in Yellowstone National Park by Annette Marie Toomer. She's a badass photographer.

I was going through some of these old pictures and was struck again by how different I feel now than I felt when the pictures were taken. I remember that I felt this sense of being on the edge of something great, but I also remember dreading the year for apparently no reason. It's conflicting I know. But when I came home, I was so damn ecstatic to be back, baby, and I went up to my room and looked through my pictures and felt like it just couldn't get much better. There isn't much that I can think of that's better than being reunited.

So smells are very connected to memory--these geysers had a very distinctive, rotting-egg smell, and even just looking at the picture brought back that smell, and then that feeling, I don't even know who I was at that time. I feel really removed from that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive