Monday, August 30, 2010

This is comforting.

When I was a kid, I can remember worrying about moving into my first apartment. I thought about all the things I'd need to live on my own--silverware, plates, a vacuum, a microwave, etc--and it all overwhelmed me. Never mind that this date was a long ways away, it still seemed so impossible that I'd be able to procure all these random items. It hit me yesterday that I used to feel like this. Of course, here I am in my house, and all the pieces fell into place quite easily without my even realizing that this happened. I got some stuff fo free, some stuff fo cheap, and my roommates provided a lot.

And here I am worrying about the transition from college to the real world--getting a job, making this life decision, wondering how everything's going to fall into place. But it works the same way, right? Slowly, and with help from others, the pieces fall into place without your realization that it's happened. And I've also learned that very rarely does anything in life hit you that you're completely unready and unprepared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive