Thursday, May 27, 2010

The previous quote--I've been having to re-learn how to be alone lately. I mean, I'm not that "alone," my family is still around all the time, but, for the most part, I've pretty much lost contact with most friends from high school. Or, the people I have kept in contact with are off doing more interesting things with their lives.

The first couple days were hard: I was bored and I didn't know how I was ever going to get through these three weeks at home without my friends, without my boyfriend, without any classes to attend or papers to write. But in the last few days, I have finally begun to wind down, and I've started to ask myself the glorious question, "What to I want to do today?" This is a question I haven't got to ask myself for a long time. I'm finally getting to sit in the sun for as long as I want to, take a yoga class every day, read for hours at a time...do all these things without feeling guilty about what I SHOULD be doing. It's a beautiful thing, and something I'm going to miss when I leave for governor's school and my life becomes all about the students--which is also a beautiful thing, but sometimes exhausting.

So, today: I woke up, had some coffee, watched an episode of Sex and the City. In a few minutes, I'm going to go swim, and then start on The Road by Cormac McCarthy, then try this recipe I found for sweet potato fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive