Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If you have not read

Slaughterhouse Five, then I suggest you do so as soon as possible.

"Rosewater was on the next bed, reading, and Billy drew him into the conversation, asked him what he was reading this time. So Rosewater told him. It was The Gospel from Outer Space by Kilgore Trout. It was about a visitor from outer space...He concluded that at least part of the trouble was slipshod storytelling in the New Testament. He supposed that the intent of the Gospels was to teach people, among other things, to be merciful, even to the lowest of the low. But the gospels actually taught this: Before you kill somebody, make absolutely sure he isn't well connected. So it goes."

I have officially decided that my life goal is to write a book. I can do this. I can't do it right now because I am happy, and there is no overflow of angst that forces me to write. But one day, when feelings make my fingers pick up a pen again, then I'm gonna write a book.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I'll have to keep that one in mind. You and your bookshelf haven't let me down yet!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive