Saturday, January 23, 2010

My 100th Post

I've been quoting a whole lot, so I'm gonna keep doing that. I'm procrastinating, and I feel like flipping through my favorite books right now and looking at whats's underlined.

"For there is nothing heavier than compassion."

"The heaviest of burdens is therefore simultaneously an image of life's most intense fulfillment. The heavier the burden, the closer our lives come to the earth, the more real and truthful they become."

"He remained annoyed with himself until he realized that not knowing what he wanted was actually quite natural. We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come."

"She was amazed at the number of years she had spent persuing one lost moment."

"Music was the negation of sentences, music was the anti-word!"

-The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive