Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm still really thankful to be back, and the winter isn't even really getting me down that much. I love being in a place where I know everyone, and everyone knows me, and we all say hello to each other. There's a lot of comfort in familiarity.

I'm also ready to do all these new things this semester. I'm ready to leave a mark on CBU in some way. I've been making to-do lists like crazy lately, and crossing off things one by one.

I'm ready to see what's next. I get butterflies just thinking about this semester.

But I need guidance. I need a Grandmother Willow right now. I need to understand myself better. You'd think I would by now, but there are really just so many things I haven't figured out yet. I've been surprising myself lately, and being surprised by life. I guess that's the way it's always been, though.

Just finished The Waves by Virginia Woolf. The way she writes makes me want to be a better writer, it's not methodical at all, it seems to come straight from the soul and onto the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive