Saturday, January 9, 2010

"I never realize how much I like being home until I've been someplace really different for a while."

-Catherine (who got it from Juno (: )

The packing and unpacking it worth it. I am HOME, and each time I leave and then come back, Memphis feels even more like home. I missed my cozy apartment, my cozy friends, my cozy life. I am very happy right now.

I feel good. I am returning to Memphis in better shape (all kinds of shape) than I was when I left.

The drive today was magnificient. Normally, driving down I-40 is not exactly riveting, but this time the fates aligned and things happened that made the drive really great. First, I was leaving Little Rock, had my Ipod on shuffle, and the song "Yellow" comes on. I look at the car in front of me, and it has a bumper sticker that says "Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you." Uhhh the stars are shining for ME? And then I was crossing the Arkansas River and this Snow Patrol song that I hadn't listened to in ages comes on, and it's just PERFECT, you know how when a song hits you at the right time, it's just completely wonderful? And the sky was pretty, it was just one of those infinite moments. And then, it started SNOWING. These little flurries were landing on my windshield, and the fields were white. And then, there was this huge flock of birds that landed on a field. I can't explain it. It was just one of those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive