Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Also, today I learned that when my friends are down, I'm down. When my friends don't feel like talking, then I don't feel like talking. I just want us to all be happy. I think I'm a lot like my mom in that way. I worry and I worry and I worry.

I've also been thinking about the things I neglect. The texts, the emails, the phone calls that I intend to respond to, but never do. I'm sorry about that. The lunches and coffee dates I plan in my head, but somehow other things allow me to forget about them. The people I intend to get closer to, but never actually do. It's partially my tendency to crave time by myself, and the hatred of all these invasive things taking up my personal space and my time. Email, phone, facebook, I hope I'm not the only one who gets so tired of these things. But my nature won't let me let them go. Still, I never get as much time by myself as I'd like. I've learned to adapt.

I've been forgetting to notice and appreciate lately, too. Forgetting to look up at the world, and forgetting to mix things up. Forgetting to wear bright colors. Forgetting to get up a little bit early so I actually have time to wake up and go to class with a clear head. Forgetting to pay attention to what people are saying, what they're really saying.

I'm ready for some green in my life. I'm ready for some sun and, as always, for lots and lots of laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive