Thursday, December 10, 2009

I always talk about the seasons. I'm CRAVING summer. And I still have a lot of winter to get through. But I guess that's what makes spring and summer so great--having to get through some winter first. You appreciate it more.

Winter makes everyone reatreat a little bit, feel comfortable with lots of layers, you don't want to show your skin.

There are good things about winter. I get ambitious and want to turn my life around when I get bored, which inevitably happens in the winter. I have two interviews for internships within the next week, and I'm equally excited about both of them. I'm realizing that I'm sort of choosing what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life right NOW, in a way. I'm having to choose between interning at some place like AutoZone or FedEx, or for a local freelance editing group or editing the newsletter of Wolf River Conservancy. The former internships would probably be paying, but I would want to tear my eyes out every day, and the latter ones would probably not pay worth crap, absolutely nothing, but I think it would actually be something I enjoy.

I'm pretty sure I know which way I'll go, at least for the time being. If I find it necessary to get a job I hate because it allows me to live, then I guess I'll worry about that later.

I was talking to Dr. Easson about this, actually he was rambling and I was trying to leave, but I think he was suggesting that I have to marry rich in order to do something I don't hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive