Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lately, I've been cranking out paper after paper. Which is why I haven't really come up with much else creative for a while, it kind of takes the energy to write out of me.

I really miss working in a restaurant. I worked through my senior year of high school at this family-owned restaurant in Little Rock called Izzy's. I don't think I could have gotten through senior year without working there, which is contrary to what you might think. It's not just that life at school, and often home, sucked, but mindless work is comforting, even addicting. Being productive without really having to think about it is good therapy, it was really what I needed at the time. I also ended up getting pretty close to my coworkers, which was unexpected and nice. I miss making tips and feeling useful, knowledgable.

This rain is bringing me down. Things have not been looking up for me lately, or at least that's what it feels like today. Something really good needs to happen to me, it feels like it's been a while since something really good happened. Maybe it's my perspective, maybe I have to make something good happen, take the initiative. I feel like I'm out of motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive