Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another list...

This one's a little different. Tonight I was going through old journals from high school. I have at least fifteen of them in a box in my closet, and mostly they're pretty boring and repetitive. But I found this list that I wrote my sophomore year of high school. It's a list of things to do before I die. There was an exclamation point on that, too, although I don't think it belongs there now. Keep in mind I was at a weird point in my life...

Anyway, I started reading it, but was pretty sure my goals were unrealistic, or way-future. Basically I thought I hadn't accomplished any. It makes me feel really good that I actually have, although a lot of these things are subjective.

Things to do at some point before I die!
1-
1. Feel good about myself (done)

2. Lose all feelings of jealousy

3. Wear what I want to (done)

4. Travel to Greece

5. Sing a solo (done)

6. Stop being angry (done, mostly)

7. Randomly kiss a guy when I don't know for sure if I should (done)
(haha, this one makes me laugh now)

8. Be someone who other people wish they were
(this doesn't matter to me so much anymore.)

9. Be happy (done, I guess this one is particularly subjective)

10. Stop being afraid

11. Find some kind of God (sort of?)

12. Figure out what political party I belong to (haha, done)

13. Find something I enjoy doing and let that be my career (I think I know)

14. Stop being so apathetic (done)

15. Laugh more easily (done)

16. Kiss on a rooftop

17. Kiss on the beach (done)

18. See Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (done)

19. Find a really good pair of jeans

20. Find a great friend (DONE)

21. Mend my relationship with Annette (done)

22. Make my kids' Halloween costumes

25. Have kids

26. Learn to sew

27. Learn how to play an instrument (done)

28. Tell a guy how I really feel about him (done)

29. Have a really amazing college experience--let go. (haha, done)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive