Saturday, September 26, 2009

What I'm Learning

There is a time for everything, and sometimes things happen years after you expect them to. That's ok. Sometimes it takes waiting, accepting the word "eventually." Some things are inevitable. Once you let go of wanting someting, really and truly let go, that's the moment it happens.

I am awesome at waiting.

I have to do more things that scare me. Once I take that first step, other things seem less scary, and I take bigger steps and leaps eventually. I have to keep getting out of my comfort zone, it makes life much more interesting. It's the fear I have, the walls I put up that keep out the good stuff. I'm getting better at letting my guard down, despite how it hurts sometimes. It does. There's no getting around that. But it's worth it.

I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for. We all are.

I'm sorry I'm so vague. I can't give you any specifics. Well, last night I played at coffee house, and it was exhilirating, terrifying, being in the spotlight. But also really good and worth it.

Sorry for my lack of interesting vocabulary. I attribute it to a pretty bad hangover.

1 comment:

Blog Archive