Thursday, August 6, 2009

Apparently I'm incredibly arrogant.

This is what I thought of bloggers. Or this is what I was worried people might think of me if I started a blog.

But then I said, fuck it, I'm doing what I want to do. I gotta stop the worrying.

Anyway, I just saw the latest Harry Potter movie, which was, as they say in the wizarding world, BRILLIANT. Usually I am really depressed after seeing a Harry Potter movie, but this time, I felt like the whole movie had more meat to it. It was a little darker, less fluffy. To me, there is something so...almost timeless, or maybe nostalgic about Harry Potter. I grew up with it; it makes me remember like ten years of my life simultaneously.

This weekend I'm going to Memphis, which is, at the moment, really the only place I want to be right now. Although I was realizing this about my life (and then becoming unspeakably thankful): Basically everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by, covered, in love. And I know this is no feat of my own. But really, how, HOW did I get so lucky? I feel like I don't know how to love half as well as the people with whom I associate, I feel like I'm learning how to love better from them all the time.

Learning that things will always be missing. That's just the way it goes.

Learning to be more content, because if there is all this love everywhere, then what am I scrambling around looking for all the time?

I keep feeling the need to justify myself for creating this blog, or at least a need to explain my reasons.

1. I keep a journal, but I need something that allows me to expose my writing to...actual people. Not that many, if any, people will read it, but it's still out there, and I still have an audience in mind, which helps me write better.

2. I am a nerd. I love reading other people's writing, especially journal-y stuff like this. So I'm hoping I'm not alone in this hobby and maybe other people can get a little enjoyment, get to know me better, with this blog.

3. Fuck, every sentence I'm writing begins with "I." Anyway, this is also (mainly) for myself, my own enjoyment, and partially my own sanity. Yesterday at the dentist I learned that my jaw issues are most likely a result of stress and keeping all this shit in. So this shit's out.

I gotta work on my language. Need to learn to be a lil classier.

And, the title: It's a Spoon song, but I guess lots of the time I feel really empty-handed when it comes to words, despite English being my major. I don't know why, but the title of this song captures that for me. Much of my writing will be about someone, or something. I also like the sound of the phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive